Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!]

+7
Pan
nautilus
Rasei
Kiyoko
alcasync
Luxaria
Kotakia
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 15]

46TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 4 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:07 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Not investigative, per se. Just happen to have some role-related info that told me that it's very very unlikely for D.R. to be mafia.

If ratios appear in rollover I'm guessing either there are no millers, or that at some point the ratio may not be accurate.

@Kotakia can you clarify rollover ratio accuracy?

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

47TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 4 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:16 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Hm, alright! I'll take your word for it. Speaking of investigation, I'm wondering whether or not Sammiya was an investigative role given the trope she flipped ("constantly curious" ... constantly asking questions?) though this is just me spitballing ideas here.

With the 5:3 ratio, I was presuming it was accurate given the nature of the kills unless there are some extreme miller shenanigans going on here, though I think at the beginning Kotakia said this about rollovers:

Also ratios in rollover will represent the rollover text so if someone is janitor'd, it will appear X*/Y*. Same if there are misleading alignments on death. Well, for that one if they said they were mafia on death but they were town, it would appear X/Y-1 even though it would actually be X-1/Y.

She seems to imply here that if there are misleading alignments, the ratio will become inaccurate to the actual ratio, but we wouldn't know about it. She posted it before the game started, so I'm assuming that ratios were always going to be posted alongside rollovers regardless of the existence of millers, though I don't know how much this has changed since game start.

EDIT: Also would be curious with respect to Luxaria's answer to Kiyoko.

Last edited by nautilus on Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:24 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

48TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 4 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:28 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Oh wow how did I miss that? I even read it over twice and went "Oh there might be millers in this game."

That said, I stand by that alca is 100% town. Sammie too.

49TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 4 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:04 pm

Kotakia

Kotakia

Kiyoko wrote:@Kotakia can you clarify rollover ratio accuracy?

yea sure

if janitored, ratio will appear same as before player is killed but with * next to both mafia and town

if miller, ratio will reflect miller role, not correct player count.

http://kotakia.tumblr.com

50TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 4 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:07 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

To answer your questions, I'm more just trying to analyze the pieces of information we have from every angle so I can place it into my logs and speculation. So far while playing, I haven't seen a role like what Alca appears to have, so naturally I wanted to parse and analyze it for myself and see where it led. In the end, I commented that I saw nothing in her apparent self-initiated death to be beneficial to a mafia role and that I read it as her being town.

I do feel sorry for Alca that this is the second game in a row in which she gets a suicide role, though. ;;

I'd still ask for clarification on the reverse-miller to make sure I understand you, but I also think I'm confusing myself with how the X*/Y* works. Would it appear in rollover as... for an example, base ratio is 7:3. Someone dies and turns up without alignment information (which suggests they got hit by a janitor?). In this case, the ratio would appear 7*:3*? And then if someone dies after that and they're definitively mafia or town, it would read 7*:2* or 6*:3*, respectively?

But in the case of a miller, the rules state that the ratio would continue as if that player were the alignment they flipped with. So in Kotakia's example (using 7:3 again), if it were a town milled to be mafia that died they'd show up as mafia and the rollover would read a ratio of 7:2, correct? So then they can exist in the game, as per the rules?

Also, I'd really like to hear some input from other players, too.

Edit: Got ninja'd by Kotakia while I sat here figuring it out, rip me.

51TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 4 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:00 pm

Kotakia

Kotakia

Luxaria wrote:Would it appear in rollover as... for an example, base ratio is 7:3. Someone dies and turns up without alignment information (which suggests they got hit by a janitor?). In this case, the ratio would appear 7*:3*? And then if someone dies after that and they're definitively mafia or town, it would read 7*:2* or 6*:3*, respectively?

Yes, that's how it would work.

Luxaria wrote:But in the case of a miller, the rules state that the ratio would continue as if that player were the alignment they flipped with. So in Kotakia's example (using 7:3 again), if it were a town milled to be mafia that died they'd show up as mafia and the rollover would read a ratio of 7:2, correct? So then they can exist in the game, as per the rules?

Yep, that's correct too.

52TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 4 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:10 pm

Rasei

Rasei

Say, if a doctor protected someone from a jailer, would that pop up in the roll-over? Also can a protected person kill their self? Not saying I'm a doctor, because I'm *not* that kind.

53TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 4 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:49 pm

Kotakia

Kotakia

yes it would appear as 'attempt at jail but it failed' if the person is protected as jail = protect > stun (unless stun is directed at jailer/protector).

passive roles >>>> all other role action priorities

54TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 4 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:50 am

high seraph

high seraph

I think its been established now that alca's death was an effect of her own role, since it would have normally been prevented by the jailer. I'm personally 50/50 when it comes to the nature of the jailer role - sure, the protection makes the role seem a little town, but that thinking pattern only makes us less likely to talk about the jailer if he is mafia (which shouldn't happen).

As for the whole Kiyo/Mr Alice thing... Im probably not going to vote any of them today, but lets not forget that Kiyo being able to confirm Mr Alice's townness doesn't necessarily lead to Kiyo being town herself. Also, Mr Alices rant post?? Something about being the mayor? I wonder if there is any relevance in that.

I know this post is basically saying I'm not ready to take any decisions on anything that transpired so far, but I don't have much to go on atm.

55TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 4 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:25 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

high seraph wrote:As for the whole Kiyo/Mr Alice thing... Im probably not going to vote any of them today, but lets not forget that Kiyo being able to confirm Mr Alice's townness doesn't necessarily lead to Kiyo being town herself. Also, Mr Alices rant post?? Something about being the mayor? I wonder if there is any relevance in that.

I think her mayor rant was a pun on the word "vote" rather than something relating to her role.

Also you are correct; there is nothing that guarantees either of our towniness, even if one of us does flip town. That said, I'm not claiming Mr. Alice is town. I'm claiming that for role-related reasons, she is far more likely to be town than not.

Specpost.

Not Voting because probably town
Mr. Alice

Not voting because other reasons
panpanpandy (has yet to post but has real life stuff going on and ~4-5 hours til rollover is not enough time for a pressure vote)

Will vote from this list
AliceofOZ (claimed active role but not jailer)
nautilus
Luxaria
Rasei
high seraph

So I've got an approximately 50% chance of hitting maf voting off that list. I'm okay with those odds.

vote: Luxaria for reasons. No need to follow this vote.

56TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 4 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:53 am

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

I woke up early for this (kinda) since I do want to put in a vote before 12 or so because I'll be going out for a while and probably won't be back before 3.

Yeahh that rant post was just me goofing off before we get to more serious things.

I'm probably not going to vote for Kiyo today, even though I'm still really suspicious, because even though I am Town, just because she can kinda-sorta vouch for that doesn't mean she's not Mafia. Going to read through past posts to see if anyone that's spoken so far makes me off or anything, so I'll probably vote shortly.

57TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 4 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:55 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Mr. Alice wrote:even though I'm still really suspicious

Well then fine, D.R.-senpai, I'll stop defending you then. Everyone lynch D.R.-senpai. /huffs and crosses arms

58TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 4 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:11 am

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

....the guilt.

I'm feeling it. ; - ;

59TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 4 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:14 am

Kotakia

Kotakia

This D.R. senpai stuff makes me want to watch an anime about a new hospital resident girl whose mentor is Dr. Senpai. Imagine the wacky hospital shenanigans.

Vote tally:

Luxaria - I

Kiyoko vs Luxaria

60TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] - Page 4 Empty Re: TV Tropes UPick [TOWN WIN!] Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:19 am

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

omg if anything it should be the other way around

kiyo is the senpai here ;_;

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum