Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4]

+10
high seraph
drandahl
Aeiou
Kiyoko
Tiki The Troll
Sammiya
Luxaria
Doak
Mr. Alice
Kotakia
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 29 ... 52  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 52]

76Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 6 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:49 am

Cure

Cure

May I ask why? Or is this just a random vote? UvU

also:

lindahl wrote:
2. Weird monkey paw question: I just noticed Kotakia mentioned only the first two wishes explicitly, but never explained what the third one was for. I don't want to assume here, so I'm asking.

I thought this was pretty obvious. We used the first wish when we wished for our roles. We can do whatever we want with the other two wishes.

Last edited by Cure on Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : lux also said that. also i hit new post instead of edit at first whoops)

77Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 6 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:15 am

drandahl

drandahl

Mainly just to put more names on the board, but I have my reasons for selecting you. Not good reasons, since I really don't have much to go off of here.

Re: protection. My guess is that's a normal protection ability wished for, but the side effect is that it's super loud and shows up in rollover. If this is the case, I'm wondering why Lucas was targeted. I have a few hypotheses. A mafia player could be wanting to test out their wished up protection ability. A vdex visitor, uncalibrated to local N0 bias could have RNG'd their target. I have another hypothesis, but I'm holding it to myself until I hear Lucas speak.

It could also have been shuffled as a side effect, or bussed, but I'll assume for now it hit its intended target.

At this point I might also feel (relatively!) comfortable lynching Lucas. Actually, I'm more comfortable with that than I am with Raie right now. vote: Lucas

78Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 6 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:19 am

drandahl

drandahl

Also Re: monkey question
Yeah, "Wish 3 is just another wish in the flavor of wish 2" was my leading suspicion, but I didn't want to assume. It's safer just to ask early, since it wasn't specifically mentioned in the intropost. Also potentially two revives per person seemed really high to me.

79Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 6 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:28 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

tbh, if Lucas was protected, the person most likely to protect Lucas is Lucas, which is why I'm not entirely concerned about him.

Mostly because if he's not the doctor, then actual doctor either couldn't choose their target, or for some reason thought that mafia would want to N0 kill pure cinnamon bun can't even read his roles properly clearly not a threat to anyone

don't look at me that way, lucas, you already know we all think this about you

eta: VDEX MEMBERS ARE PERMANENT RESIDENTS NOT VISITORS, AND ARE 100% WELCOME. WAY TO SEGREGATE, BRO

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

80Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 6 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:38 am

Cure

Cure

lindahl wrote:Mainly just to put more names on the board, but I have my reasons for selecting you.

A vdex visitor, uncalibrated to local N0 bias could have RNG'd their target. I have another hypothesis, but I'm holding it to myself until I hear Lucas speak.
first point: What, because I was curious to learn more about an abiity that blatantlly affected the ratio when the owner came in and basically did a bunch of mysterious hand-waving while refusing to elaborate?

second point: extremely unlikely. all the vdex... "visitors" are more experienced playing mafia than the crywolf... "natives" (????), and I don't think any of them would do that. Also, there's three mafia members. it's unlikely that among them (in our eleven player game) there's not a SINGLE person who is familiar with all the players in this game.

UvU we'll see if this standard Me Hounding You D1 trend continues the other game.

Edit: also I'm not sure why you see PLAYER X WAS PROTECTED and think wow I should probably vote player x they are mafia. wacky mafia gambits aren't THAT frequent.

81Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 6 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:54 am

Cure

Cure

ALSO ALL THE VDEX PLAYERS HAVE PLAYED WITH LUCAS AND NONEOF THEM WOULD HAVE (likely) PROTECTED LUCAS N0 (im sorry lucas im not sorry)

82Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 6 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:27 am

drandahl

drandahl

Rubbing my eyes. It's two in the morning. Some comments:

Sorry. Not visitors. vdex alumni. Of course I hope they stay, because I genuinely would love to see them play more games, and they all seem pretty awesome people so far. Though I also don't know how long each vdex alumnus had been playing mafia on vdex, and so I'm just throwing down possibilities. I don't think it's as likely as other options, for what it's worth. Certainly what you're both telling me is no surprise.

Nope, that's not my reasoning for voting you, Raie. Consider it a soft read for now.

And I think Lucas could have protected Lucas, for different reasons depending on alignment. I wanted to hear what he had to say though before I gave my full thought process. Nobody so far has a certain lynch candidate, so I want info.

Going back to bed. And hound me all you want, Raie -- I have a thick enough skin. My only ask is that you keep it more constructive than not, if you're town. Not that you haven't been doing that so far.

83Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 6 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:06 am

Aeiou

Aeiou

I wanted to try and do a vote tally but I don't feel like making a pretty thing and it looked jumbled as I had it :<
SO theres one vote on each of these, headed for a RL?

tiki, aeiou, lucas

All of these votes as far as I can see are random? So I'm not inclined on putting a vote on any of these (esp myself). If it is going to come down to a RL I think I'll place a random vote...

Vote: Mr.Alice

The ratio at rollover isn't even solid so I'm not sure what information we got out of the rollover lol. NK could've been sammiya, lucas, or none and I think the most likely is that Sammiya was the NK. Ratio skew from what is supplied is either Sammie not really dying or Lindahl effecting it, so if NK was on Sammie then Lindahl skewing it is more likely. I'm not sure what to think about the protection, it could be anything, it could be nothing.

I feel like I had more I wanted to think about but I need to head to bed and hopefully I can wake up enough before rollover to read the thread.

84Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 6 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:35 am

high seraph

high seraph

UMmM OK?????? I'm offended that everyone seems to think that 1) I'm not n0 material and 2) I would be so selfish as to protect MYSELF when I know full well that I'm not n0 material. smh @ all of you.

Again, thank u monkey friend, the only friend I have in this forum that thought it would be a good idea to protect me from all these bullies

Also, I might not be able to read my role PM sometimes, but I do read the first page of most games ok!!!! And the line "You will not know the downside to your role until you use it" is really effin ominous, so even if I were a doctor, I wouldn't go and try to use my action right away and run the risk of suffering unwanted consequences. That's the whole reason why I wrote a passive role for myself tbh (hint look at this hint hint)

Ok so, moving on, I suppose we can't trust the ratio anymore thanks to drandahl's... thing. We can still believe rollover though, right?? So an ACCURATE accurate ratio should be at 7:3. Welp I'm gonna have to reread the thread in order to form a more solid opinion on each player, bc I'm not sure how to handle this day phase yet omfg.

85Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 6 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:45 am

Kotakia

Kotakia

Vote tally:

Luxaria vs Tiki
Kiyoko vs Aeiou
lindahl vs Cure high seraph
Aeiou vs Mr. Alice

Tiki - I
Aeiou - I
Cure - I
high seraph - I
Mr. Alice - I

@lindahl - you can use it for anything both times. revive, kill someone, change your role, put on a hat, whatever you want.

http://kotakia.tumblr.com

86Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 6 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:37 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

@ lindahl:

Ah, I wasn't suggesting you claim. Rather, I was just trying to figure out if the ratio's errant properties were a drawback of your role, since the "loud" protection on Lucas seems to be a drawback as well. Helps us get a feel for what to expect. But say you specifically wished for "I want to have five ice cream sundaes, and I will share them with Kotakia across five phases, and whenever we eat them we are too lazy to be bothered by other obligations, including updating the ratio at rollover." That sort of thing is what I meant by, "Is the ratio invalid because of your role or because you think it's a drawback of your role?"

@ citizen status of vdexxers:

Though I think drandahl was more trying to say they might be unfamiliar with our "meta" over here, that's kind of off the point considering they would all know Lucas. Also, yes, please enjoy your immigration into crywolf and stay and play forever.

@ Sammiya death:

Seems more likely now that she did die and ratio is 7:3. She got home last night, posted in the Gakuen thread, but not in here. She may have overlooked this thread? But I feel like she probably would have checked and at least said an "I'm here" sort of thing, especially given the situation. Hm.

@ Kotakia:

If a player self-revives, does it happen instantly? Is it announced to the thread? Does it happen at the end of the next rollover? I ask because it was specifically highlighted as a use of the monkey paw--though, I guess anything is a use of the monkey paw.

87Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 6 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:44 am

Kotakia

Kotakia

@Luxaria

Immediately when I receive the PM asking for the revive.

http://kotakia.tumblr.com

88Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 6 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:53 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

Thank you!

Hm... interesting, then.

89Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 6 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:04 am

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Here's my speculation:
Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 6 Polls_towelie_4251_628281_answer_2_xlarge

Stll, Lux, still with a vote on me, rude.

90Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] - Page 6 Empty Re: Monkey Paw UPick [Day 4] Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:37 am

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

the shitty wifi here lost my three sentence rant about how miserable today started out so im going to hop on the rng train because rng is my one joy in life this morning and i dont have dice but i have a 6 sided eraser

Vote: doak sorry man i dont even know you please shake my hand hi I'm blaire

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 52]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 29 ... 52  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum