Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN]

+9
Ninfia
Tiki The Troll
Mr. Alice
ezzelin
Aeiou
drandahl
Mr. Gerbear
Luxaria
Kiyoko
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 41]

286Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:07 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

@ katze and Ninfia

I know you two kind of end up bogged down with work, and Ninfia is catching up, but any thoughts you can offer, no matter how small, would be helpful.

I'm afk for a bit but I'll probably post up a list of people I'm considering before I go to bed later. I'd like to make the most informed decision possible for my target tonight, especially after such a slow day phase.

287Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:11 pm

katze

katze

I mean yeah i'm bogged down with work but i'm still gonna talk. I was just gonna wait until in the morning to really get my thoughts down because it's hard for me to focus right now. I mean, unless you REALLY need my thoughts right this very second?

288Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:12 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Yeah, I second what Lux said...esp. because I may have my gun pointed in a Ninfia-like direction at the moment.

289Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:16 pm

katze

katze

Personally I'm fine with a shot taken at ninfia, seeing how she isn't really communicating? But that's my only reasons for that. She's hurting town by being quiet, if she is town. And if she's mafia then she's grazing by and that's not acceptable to me, personally.

290Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:21 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

well, I mean I am currently reading page 13 of 20 so maybe chill for a little bit while I'm writing a post and working on communicating.

I do apologize for being absent, but I've had a weird schedule this week and mafia wasn't as the front of my mind so there's not really much I can say in defense of myself past that. regardless, I'll continue working on my post and it'll be up when it's up.

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

291Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:26 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Tiki The Troll wrote:Yeah, I second what Lux said...esp. because I may have my gun pointed in a Ninfia-like direction at the moment.

coughs

ok so we really need to talk this through then.

292Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:29 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

:(

293Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:30 pm

katze

katze

@ninfia: honestly forgot you were doing that.

re tiki: I would hope he wouldn't shoot willy nilly???????

294Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:31 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

no worries, happens. I have to make a couple calls before I can finish writing my post, so maybe give me an hour or two to sort things out!

295Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:36 pm

katze

katze

In that case, I'm going to make my posts tomorrow because it's not like we don't have time to think it over and i'm falling asleep.

296Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:00 am

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

Well that took longer than expected.

Sleep well Katze! ;u; I am going to try and make a nice meaty post for everyone to sink their teeth into!

anywho as I've been backreading I--

Luxaria wrote: It's also more that right now, Ninfia is exercising extreme caution and concern, and she tends to do this until she does her whole "it me" reads post around N2/D3.

I,,,

Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 20 E5b674fe1cad32e6ad3299c1c666bafa

I feel called out.

regardless, shall we get down to business? I'd like to once again apologize for my absence. I worked a couple really weird shifts and I wasn't getting the emails to my phone about the game updating, so it flew out of my mind! I unsubcribed and resubscribed to email notifications for the thread and that seems to have fixed it. I appreciate the patience! Another thing to note about my activity in general is I don't work the same job I used to, and thus have significantly less time to dedicated to mafia than previously. I've stated this in the last couple games but I just want to continue to be transparent about that. I literally cannot be as active as I used to be, but boy I sure will try, I guess. I'd also like to point out that regardless of my alignment last game (which was mafia, granted) I was also extremely ill and that effected my performance more than anything else. hopefully this post will rest some minds at ease because my brain is no longer sick and I'm gonna try and help town, damn it.

This game has so many more guns than I'm used to, is this truly what america is like? scary.

I'm in kind of a unique position right now from a speculation perspective. I keep seeing spots where I would have commented and kicking myself for not checking in sooner. I almost feel like a replacement player with the catch up.

Luxaria - Lux is always a bit of an enigma to me. She is at once helpful and distracting in different ways. Lux drives speculation like no one else. She is excellent and trying to get the town to work together and provide plans (even if sometimes those plans don't bear fruit because people are fickle). She also tends to dominate conversations and sometimes that obscures other players a bit for me because i spend a lot of time picking apart her posts. Its a double edged sword that is usually good. I generally trust lux thus far but her reaction to Katze's probing on D2 leave a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. I need to mull things over rn.

Mr. Gerbear - I'm wary of gerry. I understand he is on vacation but at this point in time his activity has made it hard for me to get a read on him. I hope he'll be able to pop in tonight with more THOUGHTS. please be bear-ful if you're going around any more canyons, grand or otherwise.

Aeiou - I think aeiou has posted some decent, discussion driven spec and hasn't pinged my radar. tbh, I think she's been very reasonable so far, but I think I need to reread some posts before I get a definitive read.

ezzelin - I think ezz has provided some decent insight, and nothing has really made my ears perk up either way at this point. I think pressing a gun into someone's hands to see what they do is a good use of the mechanic of the game itself, even if it has seemed to lead two people to point guns at me. plz guys.

Mr. Alice - blaire is blaire. I don't have a scummy feel from her and I think her have been in line with regular blaire posts.

Tiki The Troll [x] - I hope Tiki feels better soon. I can relate to being sick and trying to play mafia. Regardless, plz don't shoot me. at least don't you AND lux shoot me, I'm just a human bean. I think he's read town to me so far, based on his reactions! His and ezz's exchange felt very towny to me.

Ninfia - it me

Rasei - Her defensiveness early on is interesting to me. I don't think I've seen her get to that point so early in a game before, so I'm wondering if Real Life might have influenced some frustration? if thats the case im sorry rasei hugs for u. Regardless, I could kind of see dran and rasei having a semi-confrontation in thread in order to distance themselves from each other while they each do their own respective jams. Rasei is on my "maybe would lynch but don't want to give a gun to" list. I agree with the assessment that her reactions felt genuine on d1 but were also jarring. not 100% sure where I stand on rasei.

katze - I'm currently leaning town on katze for now. like alca said earlier in thread, Katze doesn't seem especially likely to go in on lux the way they did over the spec from day 1. The spectacle draws a lot of attention. on the flipside, if I were to wifom, that conversation was a lot of clarification and I'm not sure that to drove the discussion as much as much as gave katze a clear presence. At this point, I'm willing to look at more damning targets for examination because they've been helpful in general imo, and have been pushing people to speculate in order to help town. (looks into mirror for a long time. looks away from the mirror. weeps into a lilac scented handkerchief.)

regardless, during day two where katze points to lux, I can kind of relate to lux's defense. there is a certain point where I also kinda go "well, a maf said he trusted me. hm." I can see where Katze is coming from because their post prodded at lux in a way I had sort of been wondering about also and got an interesting response. however, I can see where Katze is coming from also, just because of who lux is as a player, I think. hngh. I need to think some more and its already 3:52 am so I'll probably sleep on it.

anyway, some general spec:

Alca's death was so rude omg but also I am just so delighted by the flavour of this game. I wrote up a whole paragraph of thoughts re: two nights with no nk then scrolled down and went "oh". backspace.

man I have no idea what to make of dran claiming I felt town to him. I was a little flattered because I hadn't thought I'd posted anything super substantial, but in relation to his flip perhaps he was hoping to associate himself with a town player (me) should I meet my untimely demise (at his hands) so when I flipped he could be like "wow I defended a town player yay" (wow dylan I thought we were friends). I'm going to reread dran's posts I think and try and parse meaning.

I think one thing to consider going forward is that if the mafia does switch to nk-ing people who have a killproof still, we should carefully examine those targets. I think it would be a good mafia strategy to nk one of their own if they're reasonably sure a gun isn't pointed at them and have a snake in the grass who could participate in furture votes, get a randomly distributed gun, and act silently. I think votes are going to have to be carefully considered when it comes to previously NK'd people.

Speaking of votes, I appreciate the control we've had so far over the guns, and I worry about that control going forward. as we start cutting down killproofs with more guns, votes are going to get randomized while we hunt for members of the mafia. we cannot rely on guns being our main scum hunting tool. this is a goddamn democracy. We kill bears with votes like real (north) americans and also the other people from not north america here. I think as the ratio dwindles we need to be extremely careful about town on town misfires. I say this as a previous town vig who has fuckin' whiffed on kills before. late game guns may do better in their holsters. We've gotten very lucky so far.

that being said, I have no fucking clue who the two current guns should shoot. I'm happy to take a bullet if only to take me out of the gun receiving running because that's a lot of pressure, however I also think ezz' point about seeing what people do with guns in their hands is very telling for secondary lynches.

I guess basically what I'm saying is I will sleep on it and think about it since this post is massive at this point in time, it's like 4 in the mornign and i don't know if anything I've said so far makes sense.

297Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:16 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

A good post, thank you! I fully intend to discuss and plan the range of options for the gun shot. You just hadn't posted much in over two days and if I'm going to flip inactive!Ninfia over for an alignment, I'd prefer Shot and then Lynch, and I was curious what would happen if you lost killproof. But you posting helps a lot, and I know how busy you are and have been.

I'm really tired and got busied with a few things, so I'll just quickly address Ninfia's comments on a couple of things. I'll do a more thorough reading + general thoughts tomorrow.

Ninfia wrote:[Luxaria] is at once helpful and distracting . . . Lux drives speculation like no one else. She is excellent and trying to get the town to work together and provide plans (even if sometimes those plans don't bear fruit because people are fickle). She also tends to dominate conversations . . . her reaction to Katze's probing on D2 leave a bit of a sour taste in my mouth.

I actually am not a fan of completely dominating conversation (Kiyo can confirm post-game tbh), which is why I keep poking and prodding. I'm just around more often so my voice gets heard disproportionately. As a goal, I try to structure my thoughts so they're consistently apparent, but not a conclusive "We should do this" all the time. To respond to the katze thing: Most of it was carryover from D1. I was frustrated with D1 ending in a flurry of miscommunication, and then continued misunderstandings, and then I was accused of saying/doing that I verifiably did not. I've tried to express that I understand where katze is coming from since I know she is both busy and limited, but I am human and can get grumpy.

Ninfia wrote:Speaking of votes, I appreciate the control we've had so far over the guns, and I worry about that control going forward. as we start cutting down killproofs with more guns, votes are going to get randomized while we hunt for members of the mafia. we cannot rely on guns being our main scum hunting tool.

This ties into why I really don't want to dominate discussion, since there's a point where we get more information from multiple players interacting and discussing, and this isn't as effective if it's easy to rally to one voice. I said this before several times, but on D3 my preference is for us to start having every player vote--no more No Vote RNG gun, since it will not be accountable, and we get more player interaction and information in the process.

I am so tired.
P.S. accurate prediction on the "it me", huh?

298Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:48 am

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Luxaria wrote:P.S. accurate prediction on the "it me", huh?

Yeah, no one could have EVER seen that coming. You're a regular Nostradamus (Luxradamus? NostraLuxus?).

Snark aside...well, willing to accept Ninfia's reason for her absence. I did figure it was one of two things, either her forgetting she was in the game, or trying to make Town forget she was in the game (whynotboth.gif).

Considering I think that's the longest post I've ever seen her make, going to assume she legit forgot. And if that's the case...I'd think any Mafia partner she'd have would have pinged her long ago (I considered doing that myself a couple times).

Anyway. After sleeping, like, 10 hours, I'll hopefully be a bit better. Will try to read more into posts and who to use this gun on.

299Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:19 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

NINFIA I AM SENSING SOME ANTI-AMERICAN HOSTILITY COMING FROM YOUR POSTS.

REAL AMERICANS FIGHT BEARS WITH GUNS AND LEGAL ACTION.

CHECK OUT THIS HISTORIC BIGFOOT BEAR FIGHTING SCENE OF 26TH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA THEODORE ROOSEVELT

Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 20 Ey4gIvS

Last edited by Kiyoko on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

300Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Paw Enforcement [BEARS WIN] Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:21 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

HELLO NO I AM NOT GOING TO LET 26TH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA THEODORE ROOSEVELT END UP NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum