Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

RE: RE: Corporate Team Building Retreat [ end]

+9
vale
dracoon
high seraph
Mr. Gerbear
katagi
Ninfia
Rasei
Synergistic Marketing
John Smith?
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 16]

vale

That's terrible Tiki! Glad to see you're well after such an ordeal.

A fact about me is I get nauseous really easily. I can't handle both first person shooter video games as well as large roller coasters. The stomach does not agree with either.

Rasei

Rasei

My fun fact is every summer I go down the river and wrestle with a cod shirtless. I'm glad you are okay Tiki!

John Smith?

Tiki the Temp, I'm glad you're okay! That sounds like it was quite an ordeal. We do have an expansive employee benefits package, and I'll see if I can pull some strings for it to cover any injuries you might have.

I am enjoying all your facts so far! Perhaps I will share one of my own. While I may be the P. P. P. Co. CEO, I am an employee just like the rest of you, after all.

Before I entered the world of business, my hobby was woodcarving. Small animals, to be precise. I remember those long days with my knife and a nice, worn piece of oak... And...

... Yes, those were the days. But like all great things, such hobbies were a stepping stone to even more profound achievements, and I am proud to sit as your CEO today. Still though, it's humbling to think that P. P. P. Co. came from such simple origins.

John Smith?

P. P. P. Co.

Working Towards A Shared Purpose

RE: RE: Corporate Team Building Retreat [ end] - Page 5 DEVq8DwUMAAgIi_

The hour ends, and John Smith calls up a woman to the front. You don’t recognize this woman, either. John Smith explains that she is from an outside company and has come to speak on corporate etiquette and giving effective criticism as she seats herself next to him, having picked up a sandwich from the pile of food in the corner which was marked for John Smith. She offers it to John Smith, but John Smith declines.

John Smith raises a hand. John Smith would like to address something.

“I have heard that there were concerns with the quality of the catering,” John Smith begins, but already the rumors begin flying.

“Didn’t HR arrange for this catering, anyways?” one man mutters in an accusatory tone. Others nod, one opening their limp sandwich to reveal a slice of cheese and wilted vegetables for added effect.

Another employee stands up, brushing themselves off. “Well, sirs, I think the last expenses report was filed by … a Melissa from HR? If I’m right?”

Eyes turn towards Melissa, and Melissa turns beet red.

“I… um…” Melissa tries to hide under their sweater. “I… I wasn’t. No. I wasn’t in charge of the catering, I don’t think? No, that’s not the right way to say it, I don’t know how to put it, sorry. I… um…“

The employee who opened their sandwich raises it up next to their face and makes a disgusted expression, shaking their paper plate ominously. Several employees whisper comments about Melissa under their breath. John Smith, sensing something bad about to happen, walks forward and reaches a hand out to Melissa.

“Melissa, let’s walk and talk.”

He motions for the speaker to begin, and encourages her to eat his sandwich. John Smith thinks the group needs to learn effective ways of communication and expressing their criticisms.

The speaker takes a bite out of the sandwich once John Smith leaves the room with Melissa. The sandwich that someone had placed for John Smith to take.

The speaker collapses.

Melissa from HR was fired. They were Peter, an employee of P. P. P. Co. from Finance.
Hour 3 has begun. Hour 3 will end on July 10th at 8PM PST.
Please vouch for the individual who needs an employee evaluation by HR. You can change who you vouch for multiple times. You can choose to abstain from vouching for an individual entirely, or vouch that no one be fired.

The third activity of the retreat is one meant to improve corporate communication. Proper etiquette and unambiguous communication is important in a corporate setting to ensure that ideas and comments are easily disseminated within the larger group.

The (optional) activity for today is for each employee to share a compliment about another employee. Ensure that you both discuss what they did well, and offer them suggestions for further improvement in other areas. This is not an arena for rude or inappropriate comments.

Last tutorial of the game:

Last edited by John Smith on Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

katagi

katagi

dearest friends, I believe I can say that dracoon should receive an evaluation

i will, if desired, expound more on this, but i can say it with utmost certainty

vote: dracoon

Rasei

Rasei

Mr. Smith, are we currently meeting in room 8:2 correct?

dracoon

dracoon

I am offended! Appalled! I walk in and people are campaigning for me to get an evaluation! This is truly, sorely unacceptable. All I want to do is to work hard in my department, not get such accusations directed at me. Truly, this is deplorable.

Anyway, if this is how things will be...vote: Katagi because we're apparently going to point fingers wildly and not! get! to! the! bottom! of! things!

EDIT: AND ANOTHER THING- I can vouch for my presence as a good employee if needed, I can't believe I'm being accused of being a saboteur who would ruin the retreat!

Synergistic Marketing

In our department's training videos, we're taught to connect with the customer. In order to truly create messages that are meaningful to our users and our audience, we must be able to communicate. To show with our words and our emotional background music and our stock footage of smiling faces, instead of telling.

Katagi, Dracoon, it would be appreciated if you could enhance your messages, so that we, your colleagues at P. P. P. Co., might grasp the essence behind your words.

dracoon

dracoon

I've been taking my HR job very seriously- yesterday, I was spending time with Mr. Gerbear for a team building workshop, and whom is an old friend of mine. We chatted, got in touch again, and after that, I went to bed. From what I spoke to him about, he seemed like a decent chap, just as I remembered. I think we can all agree unanimously that I have an alibi and would never sabotage the company like this.

Rasei

Rasei

Wait.... Are both you and Katagi claiming detecive roles?

Mr. Gerbear

Mr. Gerbear

Melissa from HR from Finance will be missed. :(

There's... a lot of interesting information being presented as fact here. Y'all need to explain yourselves, please. I'm sure none of us want another evaluation to go wrong.

dracoon

dracoon

Well, if anything, I know for certain Katagi is lying. I'm sure they can evaluate themselves, but as far as I'm aware, the room we meet at is at 8:2 (since I saw someone asking) before. I strongly urge people to read between my lines here, because claiming myself as Human Resource so early in game is sure to bring my head to the table as a target for the saboteurs. Please, choose wisely. Why would I be this rash about this?

Gerry, I'm so sad you forgot about what we talked about yesterday. I told you I was allergic to coffee and you laughed at me for being the only amphibian hired in the company so far. How could you forget so quickly? It really breaks my tadpole heart that you wouldn't care about our interactions.

If you all listen to me, and we all team up to get Katagi fired, this will only aid the company. We've already lost an important resource, we can't afford to keep having history repeat itself.

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

(apologies in advance, I'm typing this on my phone)

Well this certainly is an odd situation! I've never seen two p.p.p.co. employees turn on each other like that. I must say I'm not sure who to believe, but I certainly haven't strong inclination either way.

I suppose if you were making me choose, I'd want to evaluate katagi's claim and then evaluate katagi's based on her performance, if that makes sense. I'd be open to work shopping that decision though.

(Also I'm at work and will probably be unable to post again till my lunch hour bye everyone kisses love u)

Sent from my uphone

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Miss Sahara wrote:Wait.... Are both you and Katagi claiming detecive roles?

This was a very, uh, good observation, Rasei. You are good at... observing. To help you improve, I'd recommend getting better...at... observing?

Er... whatever, I did the activity, bossman.

I also did want to call attention back to this, since I had the same question. And the fact that the HR lady, who was the chick we were all be voted on who she would have a talking to, got fired. So that's also curious, and in fact, related to my thoughts on Rasei's question. I may have an idea about the most likely b people who might get canned in the following even hours, should that trend continue.

drandahl

drandahl

Goodmonday morning, everyone. There's a card on the kitchen table Melissa from HR. Please sign it if you have a moment.

It's the one with "I just want to do my best and help everyone else do their best..." on the front in gold lettering.

Tiki The Temp wrote:And the fact that the HR lady, who was the chick we were all be voted on who she would have a talking to, got fired. So that's also curious, and in fact, related to my thoughts on Rasei's question.

I must have missed this. Where did we all say we would vote on Melissa from HR? Or maybe I misunderstand?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum