Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vampires win! COTN

+7
high seraph
Sammiya
drandahl
Rasei
Luxaria
nautilus
Kiyoko
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 15]

31Vampires win! COTN - Page 3 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:15 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

I believe that's what happened, since there's no other way that there wouldn't be 3 maf--er, vampires at D1 rollover. Unless I'm missing something?

Rereading the blip on the vampire lord, I can't even begin to tell if I like this result more than the alternative. The switched votes could get messy, and it also effectively nullifies our one chance at a vigilante-esque attack taking out a vampire.

Can a werewolf's vote be changed by the vampire even if they do a "no vote"? I guess that technically still counts as a vote?

32Vampires win! COTN - Page 3 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:27 pm

Cthulhuhoop

Cthulhuhoop

The vampire lord can switch the vote on any vote including no-votes or an absent vote.

33Vampires win! COTN - Page 3 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:48 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Forum went down for a bit so I went out to play Ingress.

Cthuluhoop wrote:However an enthralled werewolf should it target a vampire will have their action redirected

Hey Cthulumints, is this a random redirect or does the vampire get to choose the target? Also does this only trigger when the werewolf targets a vamp (in which case if the werewolf's target gets redirected, the werewolf knows that their original target was a vamp)?

Also let's say the werewolf dies. If the Witch brings back the werewolf, do the vampires still control the werewolf's vote? This is assuming the people brought back by the Witch can vote, the info blurb seems a little ambiguous there.

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

34Vampires win! COTN - Page 3 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:21 pm

drandahl

drandahl

Cthuluhoop wrote:
Werewolves win if the werewolves survive and all vampires are dead.

The werewolf will be notified they are enthralled.

Wait, so in this case, I don't understand why the werewolf wouldn't want to reveal themselves... unless they really want to go for that extra "werewolves-only" win condition.

I understand werewolves win only if we have surviving werewolves, but we could form a loose pact to aim for the combined werewolf-town win scenario. The enthralled werewolf would reveal themselves, and we would agree not to lynch them. On that note, the werewolf agrees -- to the best of their ability -- to aim for who they think are vampires during full-moon phases. It'd be like having a forced vig kill every once in a while.

This is assuming that's an acceptable plan from both parties.
To town: Please consider and rework this plan, or give reason to discard it.
To lone werewolf: Please consider what kind of end condition you'd like to shoot for. If a pact like this would be in your best interest, please speak up so we can cross one more name off the list of suspects.

35Vampires win! COTN - Page 3 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:31 pm

alcasync

alcasync

I have a few thoughts on the whole werewolf thing, but this comes first.

vote: Rasei

36Vampires win! COTN - Page 3 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:31 pm

drandahl

drandahl

Not sure how to react to your vote yet, alca. I'll try to at least establish some mood:
MOOD:

Actually, Rasei, what do you have to say around this vote?

37Vampires win! COTN - Page 3 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:56 pm

Sammiya

Sammiya
Admin

So the werewolf can't really control how they vote... And the vampires have the advantage of knowing who the werewolf is now.

Alca, why are you voting on Rasei? Random vote, or something else?

@drandahl Lovely book covers. And Frankenstein picture. Establishing mood quite nicely.

https://crywolf.rpg-board.net

38Vampires win! COTN - Page 3 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:15 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

Kiyoko wrote:Also let's say the werewolf dies. If the Witch brings back the werewolf, do the vampires still control the werewolf's vote? This is assuming the people brought back by the Witch can vote, the info blurb seems a little ambiguous there.

That poor wolf. Turned into a werebeast, then enthralled and manipulated by a bloodthirsty vampire, but in the end granted the solace of death--only to be called back from the grave by a witch, at which point the vampires assume command of the werewolf's spirit. What a rough life.

@ Alcasync's vote on Rasei. I guess I'm not surprised by it, given how Alca usually jumps right into the fray. Still, I am curious to see Rasei's response.

@ Drandahl. Do we have any real way to validate the claim of someone seeking werewolf asylum? I suppose the monster hunter could verify, but then that kind of reveals the monster hunter's identity. Either way, the werewolf is in a very interesting position.

39Vampires win! COTN - Page 3 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:29 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Luxaria wrote:Do we have any real way to validate the claim of someone seeking werewolf asylum?

Well there's only one werewolf. If they claim, then if no one counterclaims it must be them. If someone does counterclaim, then one is wolfy and the other is likely mafpire, so. That said, Sammie does have a point that mafpires now know who wolfy is.

In any case, I will not allow myself to be outdone. Unlimited vote changes, ho!

vote: nautilus

please notice me in this game senpai

Really important edit: drandahl is that first one a gay vampire romance or was the cover designer just not thinking properly when they put that image on there.

40Vampires win! COTN - Page 3 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:33 am

Luxaria

Luxaria

The counterclaim is a good point, however, if the werewolf is going for the "No man, only wolf" (TM) victory, then it's in their interest to let town believe someone else is werewolf. That said, I don't think a mafpire would necessarily claim werewolf as that calls too much attention to themself, especially if the monster hunter then takes the initiative to investigate them. And a town claiming werewolf would be... well, I can't quite think of why they would.

41Vampires win! COTN - Page 3 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:52 am

AliceofOz

AliceofOz

I feel so sorry for the werewolf. Now they've lost most of their freedom and will probably have to role claim earlier than others.

Still, I don't see this as a bad thing. It's actually to town's benefit that this happened, since there will be 2 vamps instead of 3, which would be much more dangerous. Also this means that a hunter, mayor or witch haven't turned vamp, so they'll be able to help town.

Is randomly voting a common thing on Day 1?

P.S. Love that wolf cover.

42Vampires win! COTN - Page 3 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:54 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Dude you asked me how we validate a claim, not why wolfy would claim in the first place.

It's up to wolfy if they want to claim or not, but I honestly think it's not in wolfy's best interests to declare pro-town (which is essentially what claiming would do, since that would essentially forfeit their kill-all-town win). Mafpires know who wolfy is, and killing wolfy won't count towards mafpire's victory condition, but if wolfy becomes a clear threat to mafpires, wolfy is going down.

Honestly I think mafia has fantastic incentive to kill wolfy anyway what with the compulsive vig kill and all, but will probably not do so for a few phases since they get a free vote out of wolfy, and wolfy can't act til the full moon anyway.

In any case, wolfy and town currently have the same goal, so I say we should proceed assuming wolfy is an ally in spirit, if not in vote.

43Vampires win! COTN - Page 3 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:54 am

Cthulhuhoop

Cthulhuhoop

Kiyoko wrote:Hey Cthulumints, is this a random redirect or does the vampire get to choose the target? Also does this only trigger when the werewolf targets a vamp (in which case if the werewolf's target gets redirected, the werewolf knows that their original target was a vamp)?

Also let's say the werewolf dies. If the Witch brings back the werewolf, do the vampires still control the werewolf's vote? This is assuming the people brought back by the Witch can vote, the info blurb seems a little ambiguous there.

It is a random redirect. The werewolf will still know that their original target was a vampire, giving them an incentive to still pick a target.

If the werewolf dies, the vampires no longer control their vote. Ghosts can vote, the subtle actions part is for flavour.

44Vampires win! COTN - Page 3 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:12 am

Kotakia

Kotakia

Cthuluhoop wrote:Yep.Unless the werewolf gets enthralled.

interesting premonition here

and the speculators are off and running! i'm really not a fan of random voting, we know that. but in a game like this i'd understand not giving away info or intel about investigations so soon. so i'm watching rasei and nautilus just to be safe.

i'm not a fan of the idea of making wolfykun claim just in case they wanted to go for a one wolf for themself kinda deal because i like letting neutrals do neutral if they want to, even if it means they'll be against me later. while it would take away a lynch target for us (unless the vamps choose to bus them because they know who it is) i don't think it'd be much help. on the other hand, if we did eliminate them, that alone knocks out a vigilante who can't touch the vampires.

@cth (i swear your name looks like cthuluPOOPs sometimes no offense it just makes me giggle) if werewolf makes a friend, they aren't bound to vamp rules too, right?

http://kotakia.tumblr.com

45Vampires win! COTN - Page 3 Empty Re: Vampires win! COTN Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:15 am

Rasei

Rasei

Is she voting for me because the end of last game? No, that just part of the game... right? right?

I'm not a vampire. I also feel sorry for werewolf-kun.

I will vote:High Seraph for now. [using my handy dandy 10-sided to decide who to vote for and I will change it later... maybe]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum