Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4]

+16
chinomi
Kotakia
deo
eleni
plotstickers
drandahl
Cthulhuhoop
T3tsuya
Rasei
Tiki The Troll
Mr. Alice
alcasync
AliceofOz
Sammiya
Kiyoko
nautilus
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 66  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 66]

46welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 4 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:16 pm

nautilus

nautilus

Just a heads up that signups will be closing in 2 hours... !

... though I think we have, like, 95% of the forum at this point

47welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 4 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:49 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

More like 120% of the forum, since you brought new people in.

48welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 4 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:58 pm

plotstickers

plotstickers

There are so many players, omg.

49welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 4 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:00 pm

nautilus

nautilus

welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 4 GI9fLEx

Signups are closed.

If you are the one player who mentioned to me ahead of time that they were interested in playing (and cannot get on the forum due to outside events), then you are the only player that can slide in and say "yo I am joining" after this post. If you don't post before the game actually starts, your reservation is nulled.

Given the amount of times I've had to readjust things and the fact that my co-balancer probably wants to throw me out a window at this point, I'm going to tentatively say "nay" to anyone else bursting in after this post and requesting to join.

I am totally alright if people want to be alts, though!

This game may be delayed for a day and maybe a bit for balancing reasons, and I'll post if it has to be delayed. Um, when it's in delayed limbo (if it is), all of you can think of awesome breakfast food to put on a menu that I'll post every day phase, or something.

Alternatively, you can think of AWESOME COOL NAMES to name your rooms, because all of you can name the room you start in. I want to post cool names on rollover.

Um, other things you can do while you wait are probably reading that wall of text that has all the rules of the game, because that's super important and you will probably be really confused if you don't understand all the nuances. I know just under... h...alf of you played OG Hotel Pokéfornia and it's pretty similar to that, except the pairs are split into singles and there are actual roles. There are also no notepads and pens. Just in case you wanted to write incriminating notes.

Um.

Other than that I hope that all of you are in for a wild ride. And if anyone is intimidated by either the game or all of these vets flooding in:

50welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 4 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:32 pm

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

I'll take an order of that please, Kotakia. ; w ;

ALSO PLEASE NAME MY ROOM "CAPTAIN LINCOLN'S BOILER ROOM" I NEED IT TO BE THAT

Last edited by Mr. Alice on Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made it better)

51welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 4 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:02 pm

nautilus

nautilus

I heard back and I think this game can start tomorrow, depending on what my co-balancer discovers in his simulation.

I'm also double posting to mention that the rule I was waffling on (no room claiming) will stand. To elaborate:

You cannot claim room numbers in-thread.

Basically: you can discuss room numbers all you want this game, but you absolutely cannot claim room numbers (e.g. "Hey, I plan to go to room 31 tonight!"). Don't do it and tell me it's a fake-claim, because I have no idea of knowing ahead of time if you're fake-claiming or not if you do it in the day phase. Just don't do it.

If I suspect that you are trying to communicate your room numbers publicly to other players at any point in your posts, there will be repercussions (and please don't attempt to bend this rule - if I see anything like the following or like a math problem that can be solved to get your room number or whatever:

.. .----. -- / .. -. / .-. --- --- -- / ..--- / - --- -. .. --. .... - / .... .- .... .- / -. .- ..- - .. .-.. ..- ... / -.-. .- -. .----. - / ... . . / - .... .. ... / -... . -.-. .- ..- ... . / .. - .----. ... / .. -. / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

then this also breaks the rule).

I know all of you are pretty good about rules, but this is something that I really don't want to see happen and have zero-tolerance for it.

Last edited by nautilus on Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

52welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 4 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:05 pm

chinomi

chinomi

Do we say our room name in thread or is it private/do we PM you them?

53welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 4 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:06 pm

nautilus

nautilus

chinomi wrote:Do we say our room name in thread or is it private/do we PM you them?

You'll PM me it in response to your role PM! :> Sorry, should have mentioned it earlier. ADDS A SENSE OF MYSTERY. It actually won't have anything to do with the way the game works at all, just something fun and a little add-on, haha.

I am now painstakingly crafting over an open fire all of your role PMs. I am a masochist and hate easy solutions.

Also, whoops, should add that the game will start at 12:00PM EST (9:00AM PST) TOMORROW bar my co-balancer finding a giant hole in the roles.

54welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 4 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:11 am

Mr. Alice

Mr. Alice

well there goes my amazing room name :S

55welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 4 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:34 am

nautilus

nautilus

Someone asked me about the room claiming rule.

The rule basically is you can't claim the room you'll enter during the next night.

This covers anything similar to the following statements:
"I'm going to be in Room 2 tonight."
"I'll be in Room 5 tonight."
"I'm in Room 4 right now! Come join me!" < posted during a night phase

This includes fake-claiming the room that you'll be in, because I am not an omniscient being who can tell if you're lying or not ahead of time, and if I penalize some claims over others that kind of reveals which are fake-claims.

You are allowed to infer and speculate on room numbers that people had in previous nights, but the crux of the issue is that you can't publicly plan room movements ahead of time in-thread, because that significantly shifts the balance of the game away from one side and to another.  

@Mr. Alice - Noooo, you just have to PM me when game start happens!

56welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 4 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:47 am

nautilus

nautilus

I am delaying game start for this game until tomorrow at 11:00AM EST/8:00AM PST.

Sorry for this, everyone, but I need a bit more time to get everything worked out. Signups will remain closed, unless you are that one individual marked as reserved.

In exchange, this might be a good time to ask me questions about the actual game structure because it is confusing and I want to make it as clear as possible for everyone.

57welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 4 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:44 am

eleni

eleni

ahh so many people from vdex!! hi everyone it's great to see you all * u* feels almost like old times haha

yay can't wait for the game to start tomorrow \o/ it'll make my monday morning at work somewhat more bearable :'D

58welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 4 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:13 pm

high seraph

high seraph

omg welcome eleni, nye, chi, plot and deo!!! (sorry if i forgot to mention anyone else who joined but WELCOME EVERYONE!!)

I missed playing with u guys, I'm rly excitedddd ; w;)/

59welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 4 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:33 pm

nautilus

nautilus

To pass the time between now and when the game starts...

All of you new and first time posting members should post in the Introductions forum! I'm sure all the Cry Wolf players would love to meet some of you. :>

60welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] - Page 4 Empty Re: welcome to the b & b [PART 1: N0-N4] Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:50 pm

Ninfia

Ninfia
Admin

HI I AM THE RESERVE AND IM READY TO PLAY :D

also I'm from vdex too! I went by nellaxival, if any of you remember me.

http://www.ninfia.tumblr.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 66]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 66  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum