Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN!

+5
Cthulhuhoop
Kotakia
Sammiya
Kiyoko
alcasync
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

46Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:49 am

Cthulhuhoop

Cthulhuhoop

There are clear benefits to explaining a vote before the end part of the phase and they have little to do with any pressure on me. 1. It prevents players from making a lynch based on a false assumption. 2. It tells the other players in the game what I am doing.

Please tell me Rasei voting none does not count as their final vote.

47Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:07 am

Cthulhuhoop

Cthulhuhoop

Sorry for the double post but the phase is running low on time and I've got no strong leads so unvote: Megrid, vote: no-lynch .

@ Rasei: The ratio is currently 4 town to 2 mafia, if you are town sealing your vote as a no-vote puts us in a bit of difficult situation as it means if another town votes a town by mistake the mafia can vote with them in order to get a mislynch. Why would you vote no-vote over no-lynch when there is the possibility that if the mafia manage a mislynch on a town and then get a successful night kill, they could possibly win? (if the woodsman does not hit a mafia)
Also, is this your first game of mafia?

If Rasei hasn't played much mafia or hasn't played with us before then that may explain why they are playing differently then we might expect. If they are town, I do find them a convenient target for a mafia mislynch. I'm not surprised that Rasei voted me for making an unexplained vote, we all want to know more at this point. A move sealing in a vote on no-vote seems pretty unproductive in a small game but it seems to me more likely to come from inexperience rather than alignment.

48Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:43 am

Kotakia

Kotakia

Yeah, even when I was super new at maf as a vig there is no way in hell I would've used it n0 without knowing what was going on. I think newer players are probably more likely to conserve their powers with limited uses.

The phase is almost over so I'm just curious is there a voting rule for this game? NL and NV count yea but you all know I hate to NL but I have zero leads rn and don't want to risk MYLO. Although if I don't vote Rasei it's kinda hard for a MYLO situation when the NL is winning, it'd require the maf to out themselves last minute which would open them up for a vig kill.

http://kotakia.tumblr.com

49Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:45 am

alcasync

alcasync

VOTE TALLY
Cthuluhoop vs. Megrid No Lynch
Rasei vs. Cthuluhoop No Vote
Megrid vs. No Lynch
Kiyoko vs. Rasei
Kotakia vs No Lynch

No Lynch III
Rasei I

Last edited by alcasync on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total

50Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:49 am

Kotakia

Kotakia

@alca is a voting rule in place? Like must vote or be kicked?

51Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:50 am

alcasync

alcasync

@drandahl: I figured that mafia wouldn't use the big bad wolf's ability on mafia, so the ratio is accurate.

@Kotakia: There's no voting activity requirement. There's actually no activity requirement at all. I probably should have made one!

52Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:53 am

Kotakia

Kotakia

Aight.

Well, to prevent mafia from forcing a lynch last minute, I'm going to

vote: no lynch

because the more I think of it, the more dangerous it is as we get closer to end of phase. We would hopefully have our vig to kill one of the two if they both forced a town kill, but we don't know if sammie was a power role or not...

53Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:30 am

alcasync

alcasync

Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 4 Little_red_riding_hood_by_dav_19-d3csyza

NO ONE was lynched.

NIGHT ONE START
RATIO 2:4

Day 2 begins in 24 hours, at 8:30am PST on Tuesday, June 9.

54Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:50 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Just woke up. Heading to work so this will be a short post, but.

I would still like to hear from Rasei about why she voted the way she did.

I would also like to hear drandahl's thoughts on what he would have voted, since he didn't vote.

drandahl wrote:I'm going to retain my votes until morning, in case they'll be useful then.

Did you sleep in or just decide your vote wouldn't be useful?

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

55Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:42 pm

Rasei

Rasei

Cthuluhoop wrote:Sorry for the double post but the phase is running low on time and I've got no strong leads so unvote: Megrid, vote: no-lynch .

@ Rasei: The ratio is currently 4 town to 2 mafia, if you are town sealing your vote as a no-vote puts us in a bit of difficult situation as it means if another town votes a town by mistake the mafia can vote with them in order to get a mislynch. Why would you vote no-vote over no-lynch when there is the possibility that if the mafia manage a mislynch on a town and then get a successful night kill, they could possibly win? (if the woodsman does not hit a mafia)
Also, is this your first game of mafia?

If Rasei hasn't played much mafia or hasn't played with us before then that may explain why they are playing differently then we might expect. If they are town, I do find them a convenient target for a mafia mislynch. I'm not surprised that Rasei voted me for making an unexplained vote, we all want to know more at this point. A move sealing in a vote on no-vote seems pretty unproductive in a small game but it seems to me more likely to come from inexperience rather than alignment.

When I changed my vote, I was expecting to go to bed. As I'm out of the house by roll over, I wouldn't have time to check the computer to see the voting. I haven't played mafia with you guys before, and the place I played before had slightly different rules.

56Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:53 pm

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Rasei wrote:the place I played before had slightly different rules.

Can you expand on this? Like, I imagine it might explain your reason for no-voting but I'd like some clarification, please!

Edit: By that I mean, what kind of ruleset are you used to?

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

57Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:51 pm

Megrid

Megrid
Admin

I know it's a bit late to reply, but...

drandahl wrote:

Meg: Can you explain why you chose to lock in a no-lynch from a position of no votes yet, instead of just not voting at all?

Mostly because like I said, I had something spring up that I needed to leave ASAP for, and I didn't want to rush a vote against someone when I was kinda running late at that time, and didn't have anyone sticking out to me as someone to definitely pick. I also highly doubted I could've made it back on here before rollover to change it, (work) and sure enough, I didn't.

So, mostly I was rushing and didn't think straight. :|

http://falconinthesky.deviantart.com

58Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:57 pm

drandahl

drandahl

Kiyoko wrote:I would also like to hear drandahl's thoughts on what he would have voted, since he didn't vote. [...] Did you sleep in or just decide your vote wouldn't be useful?

Yes, I slept in.. I had intended on using my votes if any mafia tried to push a lynch or if any mafia 'forgot' to remove their votes.

If I had to have voted anything, I probably would have placed my vote on Megrid. They started discussion very early on, though I didn't see them add much to the conversation at that point. Their locked-in no-vote was slightly surprising. However, neither of these things are strong evidence at all, so please take that into consideration. Also, I'm willing to believe they needed to rush out, as they mentioned later.

Otherwise, I had even less reason to suspect anyone else at that moment. I have some thoughts running around about the general engagement and time of engagement of each of the players so far, but it's pretty vague at this point. I'll consider D1 separately in a separate post.

Quick clarifying question though: Didn't Kiyo still have a vote on Rasei at the end of the day? Why didn't she get lynched?

Am I missing something here?

59Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:25 pm

Rasei

Rasei

Kiyoko wrote:
Rasei wrote:the place I played before had slightly different rules.

Can you expand on this? Like, I imagine it might explain your reason for no-voting but I'd like some clarification, please!

Edit: By that I mean, what kind of ruleset are you used to?

If there were to many town lynches, then the mafia got an extra kill.

Also the one I played the most had only one killer who killed every night, and the town lynch every day trying to get the killer. It had limited roles, but there were only really 5 playing the game. The killer won when there was only one town left.

@Drandahl I think it was because more people voted for no lynch.

60Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Riding Hood Mafia - TOWN WIN! Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:31 pm

Kotakia

Kotakia

@Rasei sounds a little like EpicMafia?

@drandahl we play (well, it's up to the host on if they have this or not) that no vote means nothing, but no lynch counts as a vote for lynching. So if NL > any other votes, NL prevails and nothing happens. But if say there's 3 votes No Vote, two votes No Lynch, and two votes for player X, it goes to RNG between NL and player X.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum