Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Literary UPICK || Town Edition

+21
Aeiou
nautilus
angel★
Pan
T3tsuya
chinomi
deo
high seraph
Ardonye
drandahl
lulu
plotstickers
eleni
Sammiya
Mr. Gerbear
Rasei
Entelechy
Five
Kiyoko
Luxaria
Cure
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 34]

466Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 32 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:14 am

Five

Five

Cure wrote:
★★★
SPOT ON SPECULATION SORRY YOU DIED SO SOON.
BLESS YOU HOSR but honestly I deserve a star for every night I sent in an action and didn't get a result, I'm sure that was at least three...

AND HEY here's a shout out to Lulu and Aeiou for that sick team-up early on getting the mafia jailer lynched, that was AMAZING!

467Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 32 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:16 am

angel★

angel★

Cure wrote:

ANGELSTAR
★★★★★
For (almost) killing a mafia from beyond the grave and also creating a super cute dead people's pen pal club. it was so adorable.

I'M SO SAD I DIDN'T GET TO KILL MORE FRIENDS..... ESPECIALLY NOW KNOWING /SOME/ OF MY FRIENDS........

also pen pal club ♥ the best of ACTUAL friends. hisses at maf!friends

468Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 32 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:16 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

I refuse to pagebottom

Kiyoko wrote:PROLOGUE - One word from the (translated) title of all books in the game, in grey

CHAPTER 1 - Genres of all the books that acted, in grey

CHAPTER 2 - First letter of book titles that acted in grey

CHAPTER 3 - Initials of authors of all books that acted, in #fbfbfb

No role hints for house phases, though there are still mystery book hints.

CHAPTER 6 - Publishing date (minus year) of all books that acted, as a bit.ly URL to the wikipedia page for that date

CHAPTER 7 - A section of the cover image of each book that acted, scaled down to a 1px by 1px image

CHAPTER 8 - The word "sleep" in grey; Pan was the only one who acted

CHAPTER 9 - The number of words in each title that acted, in hex (e.g. Gerry's book has 15 words in its title and appeared in the hex string as F)

CHAPTER 10 - A visual motif from the books that acted, represented by tech startup stickers in flavor

CHAPTER 11 - All the Prologue words for the books that acted, translated into Spanish and hidden in the header (you can see it more clearly here

CHAPTER 12 - The names of the publishing houses of the books that acted, as a poetic reinterpretation in flavor

CHAPTER 13 - No role or mystery book hints due to Phase of the Cat

CHAPTER 14 - A period-appropriate map for the city and era the book was published. The header image appeared as: https://i.imgur.com/Ie6MZja.png?mnupcuL but if you took the string after the question mark and made it its own imgur url, you'd get https://i.imgur.com/mnupcuL.png, which google image search reveals to be a map of Victorian London.

CHAPTER 15 - Prologue word of all books that acted, written into flavor

CHAPTER 16 - First letter of the books that acted, in bold

CHAPTER 17 - First five characters of the book's ISBN or other relevant code, as a list in flavor

CHAPTER 18 - No actions

CHAPTER 19 - The last two digits of the author's birthyear for all the books that acted, translated into its relevant ASCII encoding and hidden in #fbfbfb at the bottom of rollover

CHAPTER 20 - The first letter of the surname of the author of all the books that acted, bolded in flavor text

CHAPTER 21 - The first letter of the title of all the books that acted, lower case if alive, capital if dead, after the ? in the URL for the header image

CHAPTER 22 - Nobody acted

CHAPTER 23 - The number of letters in the last name of the author of all the books that acted, straight after the png in the URL for the header image

Last edited by Kiyoko on Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:32 am; edited 2 times in total

http://kiyokon.tumblr.com

469Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 32 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:20 am

T3tsuya

T3tsuya

Cure wrote:
THE ONLY THING I REGRET FROM THIS GAME WAS THAT YOU GUYS DID NOT KILL TET OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER. YOU DIDN"T EVEN KILL HIM ONCE.

Let that be a lesson to you all.

Five targets on me N0 is not enough.

Kill me better next time.

470Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 32 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:20 am

plotstickers

plotstickers

I can't believe the person protected me is trying to kill me and the robot I commanded to self-destruct is protecting me. ;3;

@Tiki - I think we thought it was a blanket protect but then we got your role one night and it implied you didn't have blanket protect? Can one of my family members clarify? Everything is blurring together and I should already be in game omg... -- why did i say game instead of bed

STARS!!!!! and the hosrs are so intense

@Angel - didn't you try to kill us first >:(

@Raie - next game: kill t3t mafia

Last edited by plotstickers on Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total

471Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 32 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:22 am

eleni

eleni

YAY TYSM FOR A REALLY AWESOME GAME HOSRS!!! the roles are incredible tbh, i'll have to read through them in their entirety again... wow thank you i'm in awe how much effort you both put in this game!!! i spent the last few phases in absolute confusion because my intuition sucks tbh, but it was so nice to play mafia again ahhhh * w*

WTF MITSU I ACTUALLY THOUGHT YOU WERE AVIAN.

/gives the mafia a big hug for all the bad luck they had to endure :<

anyhow i'm just happy my protective ability triggered once in this game tbh

Cure wrote:ELENI
★★★★★
For successfully guessing the N0 NK target, thwarting death twice, and Bluffing what her role did both while she was alive, and after she had been revived as vanilla.
omg stars tyyy /w\

472Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 32 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:23 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

I suppose I will also do stars I am not as generous as the owlhosr though.

CURE
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
One star for every phase she was there at 8pm so I didn't have to be, and for putting up with all of my "Is the doc accurate I'm writing flavor now" and for reminding me to write chinomi's dreams which I kept forgetting to do.

DRANDAHL
☆☆☆
For every incorrect mystery book guess

EZZELIN
(you already got my star in Raie's post)

ALCASYNC
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
For every flavor hint you posted in thread. I'm too lazy to count but I like the number seven so you get seven.

NAUTILUS
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
For every flavor hint you figured out outside of thread. I'm too lazy to count but I like the number seven so you get seven.

HIGH SERAPH
☆☆
For being the first to identify the sticker logo flavor hint in thread and for matching the covers for the cover image flavor hint

PAN

For writing a really fantastic win condition poem

ARDONYE

For employing the Kiyoko strategy of making gigantic list compilations to look town

ALL OF MAFIA AND LUCAS
☆☆
For each video making fun of Lucas

473Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 32 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:23 am

angel★

angel★

omg.... kiyo those hints are so well done..... now i wish i had done more puzzle hunting

@plot not "us," i only tried to kill you!!!!!!
also i still don't understand. why was i targeted. there was no reason to???? why?? me????????

474Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 32 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:24 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Also achievements and stat update will come tomorrow i can't believe it's past midnight pst already

475Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 32 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:26 am

Five

Five

I just sorted through my PM boxes and I sent 8 action PMs throughout the game.

I got 4 results.

Also, owls are nicer than cats. This is a true fact, unlike all the ones I posted in the thread during night phases.

476Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 32 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:28 am

ezzelin

ezzelin

aaaaa the hintsss.... mitsu figured out the initials and isbns, and I found the date links and we connected them to publishing dates later on, but we didn't figure out a lot of that... the hints were really well done and made us whack our brains for a long time.

this game was just so amazing I can't even imagine how much work had to go in it.

and thank you so much for letting us go out in a blaze, hosrs. much appreciated. we've been laughing ourselves to death for the last phase. <3

477Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 32 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:30 am

plotstickers

plotstickers

@angel I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU TRIED TO KILL ME!!!!! WE'RE FROM THE SAME CITY!!!!!!!! I TOLD YOU WHERE THE POST OFFICE WAS!!!!!!!!

but no really we didn't intentionally kill you LMAO. /doublechecks one of our docs -- You were the the last person to vote for mitsu that phase she was lynched, so that's why you were killed iirc.

478Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 32 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:36 am

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

★zz☆lin wrote:also yes tiki, we thought you had a blanket protect, but we believed it was two shot. (esp. since you rode into the sunset after the second.)

If you thought I was vanilla, then why hurt me? =(

Also, I only get 2 stars for fooling everyone, then 0 stars from hosr #2.

I am crie.

Last edited by Tiki The Troll on Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total

479Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 32 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:38 am

ezzelin

ezzelin

Tiki The Troll wrote:
★zz☆lin wrote:also yes tiki, we thought you had a blanket protect, but we believed it was two shot. (esp. since you rode into the sunset after the second.)

If you thought I was vanilla, then why hurt me? =(

because you were confirmed town and less likely to be protected than other candidates and we needed to whittle down confirmed town numbers.

480Literary UPICK || Town Edition - Page 32 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Town Edition Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:40 am

Kiyoko

Kiyoko
Admin

Tiki The Troll wrote:then 0 stars from hosr #2.

I only gave out stars for literary efforts tbh where is your flavor text analysis?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum