Cry Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf is a brand new forum focused on the forum version of the deception game Mafia/Werewolves

Video Game UPick is over! Town Wins!
We now have a Discord Server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16

+20
eleni
ezzelin
alcasync
Aeiou
high seraph
Tiki The Troll
Kiyoko
Ardonye
T3tsuya
Sammiya
deo
plotstickers
Mr. Gerbear
angel★
drandahl
chinomi
lulu
Rasei
Pan
Cure
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32 ... 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 60]

61Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 5 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:00 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

Cure wrote:
This is not a troll game it is a 100% serious game and I would like for everyone to take it seriously thanks. hoot.

You ask too much of me.

62Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 5 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:07 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

I actually never used your troll powers, for the record.

I may or may not have felt an unnatural compulsion to sit under a bridge for a day or two after the fact, but that's neither here nor there. (<3)

This owlhosr has to keep insisting upon this fact whenever jokes are made.

It's like she has a guilty conscience or something.

63Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 5 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:21 pm

ezzelin

ezzelin

8.1 I Don't & Even Know Crustless Quiche

Total Time:
Prep: 1h
Cooking: 25min

Yield:
serves 21

Ingredients:
2 clusterfucks
100g congratulations
100g Pan, shredded
6 Tikis
1 cup confusion
1/2 teaspoon lucas
pinch of bullying

Directions:
Wash the clusterfucks and cut them in medium-thick slices.1
Cut the congratulations in bite-size chunks, and mix with clusterfucks and shredded Pan. Place the mixture in a greased pie mold.

Whisk the tikis and add a cup of confusion, as shown in fig.1.
fig.1 - how to mix tiki and confusion wrote:
Tiki The Troll wrote:
Five wrote:What in the fresh fuckhell are you talking about, Tiki?
Er, double role powers, right? Well, if there's someone whose role power is a kill, this could get messy, no?
hoothosr wrote:Only one timeline will be chosen to continue.
Combine both ingredients thoroughly.2

Add Lucas and a pinch of bullying to the mixture, and pour it over the ingredients that you previously placed in the pie mold. Bake 40 minutes in a preheated oven at 180°C.

Serve with hope.3

Chef's Notes:
1 this game is a clusterfuck what is even going on. jfc I just keep on catching up ugh. sidenote, I'm returning home on thursday (finally), so provided I'm still alive by then, I plan on re-reading some things and making a person-to-person spec post.
2 tiki, I'm fairly sure either way only one action will go through. also, hum. may I ask if your book's prologue hint/keyword is "dead"?
3 hope that I made the correct decision in dropping my deo suspicions and didn't vote deo when threads were split, and that this is indeed a town action and will let deo give us some info. (and also hope that thread lets me catch up properly soon. it's sort of hard to spec properly when you barely remember what you read through in the last I-don't-even-fucking-want-to-know-how-many pages.)

64Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 5 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:29 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

ezzelin wrote:
3 hope that I made the correct decision in dropping my deo suspicions and didn't vote deo when threads were split, and that this is indeed a town action and will let deo give us some info. (and also hope that thread lets me catch up properly soon. it's sort of hard to spec properly when you barely remember what you read through in the last I-don't-even-fucking-want-to-know-how-many pages.)

Wait, did deo even claim the (presumably) LoZ (and presumably) Majora's Mask timeline split? I thought that was just a vague comment by him and Lucas saying it felt like a deo thing. Though if this is his power, I can see why he wouldn't wish to activate it during the four split threads.

... also makes sense for it to activate upon death, given the theme of the game and (presumably) its book/manga/whichever, but I'm not sure how him being lynched would cut the information in half? Unless he planned to use it during a day phase to see people do two lynch votes. Though if it's the moon literally falling, it has to be a night action, right?

Hmmm.

That is if this is his role and u-pick choice.

65Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 5 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:35 pm

Tiki The Troll

Tiki The Troll

I've found a redundancy in your recipe:

ezzelin wrote:
Ingredients:
2 clusterfucks
6 Tikis

I shook my head. "No, the word 'dead' has nothing to do with me." And if I was to have it my way, 'dead' would have nothing to do with me for a good, long time.1

1. Actually, in the books, written as memoirs of his character, his character lived to see his second century. Of course, even being able to jail himself the once, in order to equal this feat all he has left to do is run his mouth. Thankfully (or perhaps not), this was already something he was wont to do.

66Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 5 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:37 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Unrelated, can someone provide the links from the master-post in the first post in the previous thread? Because it's locked and I can't quote it to get at the bbcode and forgot to save the links last night, after realizing I am for some reason unable to click the chapter links.

I guess I can just dig through the thread to find the posts. Or hosr post history.

67Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 5 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:46 pm

Pan

Pan

Kiyoko wrote:
doge wrote:I just woke up.

I can't quote my own post since thread is locked so I had to re-make all these hyperlinks UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Anyway since the thread got merged, I had to update some links.

THING I MADE FOR LUCAS wrote:ACTIONS N0
Sammiya was jailed. (lulu)
ՂՂԶՐՐՐՐᑞ ᒢᔟᕶᕶ ᗲ৩৩৭〰ԴԴԴձձլ (Mr. Alice)
alcasync was jailed. (MYSTERY JAILER who is 99% maf)
high seraph was stunned. (Rasei's stun)
chinomi was stunned.
eleni was targeted for a kill but it failed. (T3tsuya was original NK target, that was redirected, OR WAS HE????)

eleni acted on T3t N0, but appeared to have acted on lulu N0 according to Aeiou.
Pan received a message.
Mr. Alice/Codex Seraphinianus acted on lulu N0.

ACTIONS N1
lulu was jailed. (done by, we presume, mafia jailer)
৩Ꮱ১؏ԼԼԼԳ ⶅⷛⷛⷛᎧᏪᏪנ (Mr. Alice)
Rasei was stunned. (sent a stun on Ninfia, but failed)
ezzelin was stunned. (not Rasei's stun)
Ninfia the neutral was killed. (mafia NK)

Aeiou was watching lulu N0 and N1.
Five acted on lulu N1.
alcasync acted on nautilus.

ACTIONS N2
eleni was jailed. (might have been lulu's jail re-directed off Ardonye)
lulu was jailed. (self-jail?, more evidence here, Ardonye was lulu's original target? THEN WHO WAS JAIL)
Five was stunned.
Aeiou was stunned. (Rasei)
lulu was targeted for a kill, but it failed. (mafia NK)
~A LOT OF GIBBERISH~ (Mr. Alice)
Tiki the Troll single-handedly fought off all the mafia and protected the town. (obviously Tiki)

eleni targeted Ardonye last night.
ezzelin received a message
@lulu: didn't nautilus say her death would be obscured though??? I assume this is part of it
nautilus wrote:The way my role PM is split up is that half of it is the Navidson Record, which has a scene that implies that my house is like schrodinger's cat (?) and I presume this means that something about my rollover flip is going to be either inaccurate or missing
high seraph wrote:I really think she didn't know exactly what would happen. And I don't know exactly how this works either, even though I've read her role like fifty times. FYI, her role is so weird it has around 1000 words, about 35~ of which are actual role instructions.

Edit: I missed 1 link, just fixed that.
Edit2: Updated some more stuff.
Edit3: THESE EDITS JUST KEEP ON COMING

This help any?

http://malafight.tumblr.com

68Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 5 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:51 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Sort of, yes. Thanks!

Mainly I wanted to double-check the list of book title keywords. I... forgot to jot them down. I know alca did previously, but.

Anyway, was just curious if there would be a hint towards which LoZ book it might have been, and I saw "legend", which come to think of it I think someone else said, but I wanted to check okay leave me alone. Also because I wasn't sure if owlhosr just conveniently included the Majora's Mask image due to mentions of a moon--since I wouldn't put it past her--or if the book/manga/whichever was actually specifically Majora's Mask and not just a general LoZ thing.

69Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 5 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:18 pm

high seraph

high seraph

@Lux I don't have all rollover links because after nautilus got lynched all I could physically do was shake my head "no" aggressively for several consecutive minutes while reciting my mantra that goes "fuck you fuck you fuck y o u fuck yo u" or something like that. But I do have a few rollover links ok.

fwiw I would appreciate if hosrs would either put the rollover links on this thread's first post or unlock the other thread so we can get all other links by ourselves ;w; (s-sorry for being a pain in the ass)

anyway:

Prologue: https://crywolf.rpg-board.net/t186p210-literary-upick-chapter-1#14930
N0 -> D1: https://crywolf.rpg-board.net/t186p330-literary-upick-chapter-2#15147
D1 -> N1: https://crywolf.rpg-board.net/t186p390-literary-upick-chapter-2#15215
N1 -> D2: idk what happened but i dont have this link either sorry
D2 -> N2: i had this linked to thread alpha and since it got merged it doesnt work anymore lmao
N2 -> D3: nope sorry
D3 -> N3: https://crywolf.rpg-board.net/t193-literary-upick-chapter-8#15947
N3 -> D4: https://crywolf.rpg-board.net/t193-literary-upick-chapter-8#15948

ok I only have like a few links I'm sorry :- ( help us out here hosrs

@pan thank you so much for being open about your actions ;w; I just kind of wished... you had targeted someone other than R...asei..... but that's ok I guess u r just a neutral heh.......

STUNNING HISTORY:

I'm gonna think a little about these stuns and be right back.

unrelated but now i feel like i should give LoZ games another try.... I only played the original game on the SNES and I didn't even get very far because I was dazzled by Final Fantasy games lmao. A Link Between Worlds did kind of pique my interest tho so mayb 1 day??? who knows

70Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 5 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:23 pm

ezzelin

ezzelin

8. 2 Huh Wha EmpasomethingIjustfoundonthenetandfitsingredientnumber

Total time:
Prep: 5 min
Cooking: 10 min

Yield:
serves 21

Ingredients:
2 refrigerated rolled deo crusts
4 ounces assumptions
1 cup uncertainty

Directions:
Using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 16 circles from 2 refrigerated rolled Deocrusts. Divide 4 ounces fresh assumptions among the circles as shown in fig.1.

fig.1 - how to spread assumptions on deo wrote:
Luxaria wrote:
ezzelin wrote:

Wait, did deo even claim the (presumably) LoZ (and presumably) Majora's Mask timeline split?
not explicitly, I believe, but this seems like it fits to what he claimed re: adding more confusion, and he quoted the entire intermission (+commented) which made me think that was him saying HI IT'S ME. (I also saw that before the actual.. intermission, so it might have been just the order of seeing it making me think so??)

Luxaria wrote:... also makes sense for it to activate upon death, given the theme of the game and (presumably) its book/manga/whichever, but I'm not sure how him being lynched would cut the information in half?
this might be a wild assumption, but. I'm assuming because the time for sending in the actions was shorter, that deo actually gets to pick which timeline becomes real. no idea how much he gets - possibly just potential rollovers??
but that would explain the info cut in half, as if he is still alive, he can share the info with the thread and potentially quite literally double the information we get through rollovers!
that's just my thinking though and it could be horribly off-track.

Lightly dot the edges of the dough with water, fold in half, and press with a fork to seal. Bake on a rimmed baking sheet at 190º C until golden, 20 to 25 minutes.

Serve with 1 cup store-bought uncertainty, that is only sold on weekdays after questioning weekends.

71Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 5 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:32 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

@ Lucas

Thanks ;w;

ezzelin wrote:this might be a wild assumption, but. I'm assuming because the time for sending in the actions was shorter, that deo actually gets to pick which timeline becomes real. no idea how much he gets - possibly just potential rollovers??
but that would explain the info cut in half, as if he is still alive, he can share the info with the thread and potentially quite literally double the information we get through rollovers!
that's just my thinking though and it could be horribly off-track.

This would actually be really cool if so. Also really powerful.

Also kind of fits the game (not sure about the manga, of which I believe there is one?) in that you would do the story over and over and over, and eventually by the end you know which actions to perform on which days for the timeline results that you want. So in this case... it'd fit? I'm not sure if each person had to submit definitive "Timeline 1" and "Timeline 2" actions and only one is chosen between the two, or if just that two were submitted and the owner of the role gets to pick which of the two for each individual action.

I feel like the second variant would be far too strong, so I'm inclined to believe the role owner is merely shown what both timeline 1 and timeline 2 would have as their rollovers, and one is chosen over the other. Maybe?

Also, I agree that it seems like deo is claiming it, given his comments after quoting the intermission. I just was curious if we had any explicit claims in the thread.

72Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 5 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:44 pm

high seraph

high seraph

o i actually skipped Lux's last post and didn't see that she only wanted to check the hints wow

here's the hints I have:

PROLOGUE HINTS:

N0 HINTS:

D1 HINTS:

N1 HINT:

thats all the hints I saved, alca probably has the last few ones

edit lmao i just realized that "last few ones" = "p much half of them" wow

73Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 5 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:47 pm

ezzelin

ezzelin

8. 3 Link Pancakes

Total Time:
Prep: 5 min
Cooking: 10 min

Yield:
serves 21

Ingredients:
1 rollover
2 links
a pinch of correct

Directions:
In a bowl, combine mashed rollover, whisked links and a pinch of correct as shown in fig. 1
fig. 1 - combining correct, rollover and links wrote:
Prologue/ N0: https://crywolf.rpg-board.net/t186p165-literary-upick-prologue-chapter-6#14834
CH1 /N0 -> D1: https://crywolf.rpg-board.net/t186p210-literary-upick-prologue-chapter-6#14930
CH2 /D1 -> N1 https://crywolf.rpg-board.net/t186p330-literary-upick-prologue-chapter-6#15147
CH3 /N1 -> D2 https://crywolf.rpg-board.net/t186p390-literary-upick-prologue-chapter-6#15215
CH4 /D2 -> N2: https://crywolf.rpg-board.net/t186p660-literary-upick-prologue-chapter-6#15478
CH5 /N2 -> D3: https://crywolf.rpg-board.net/t186p705-literary-upick-prologue-chapter-6#15623
CH6 /D3 -> N3: https://crywolf.rpg-board.net/t186p765-literary-upick-prologue-chapter-6#15861
CH7 /N3 -> D4: https://crywolf.rpg-board.net/t193-literary-upick-chapter-8#15947
CH8 /D4 -> N4: https://crywolf.rpg-board.net/t193-literary-upick-chapter-8#15948
Lucas' links are off by one.
Bake until golden brown in a greased pan on medium heat.
Serve hot with useful? jam or syrup.

74Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 5 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:51 pm

high seraph

high seraph

so rry and thank u i love link pancakes

75Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 - Page 5 Empty Re: Literary UPICK || Chapters 7-16 Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:51 pm

Luxaria

Luxaria

Re: N0 hints

Would the second poem be Pan? I can't see that book fitting anything else... except maybe an instructional manual. lol...

Also adds a certain poetry to the game if both neutral roles are "poem"-related works.

<3 @ all of you for helping me in my time of need.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 60]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32 ... 60  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum